Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Ray's Tamale Pie recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Ray's Tamale Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ray's Tamale Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
You already understand that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be balanced and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Sadly, there isn't often enough time or energy for us to really do the things we want to do. At the conclusion of the day, most of us want to go home, not to the gym. We want a tasty, greasy burger, not an equally tasty salad (unless we’re vegetarians). You will be pleased to discover that getting healthy doesn't have to be hard. If you keep going with it, you'll get all of the required nutrients and exercise. Here are some basic ways to get healthful.
Go up the stairs. Rather than riding an elevator, walk up the stairs to the floor you live or work on. This isn't as effortless to do if you work on a very high floor but if you work on a lower floor, utilizing the stairs is a excellent way to get some extra exercise. Even if your office or home is on one of the top floors, you can decide to get off of the elevator early and take the stairs the rest of the way. So many people pick the elevator over hiking even a single flight of stairs. Even if you only have one flight to climb, climbing down and up it during the day is a great way to get extra exercise.
There are plenty of things you can pursue to become healthy. Not all of them demand fancy gym memberships or limited diets. It is the little things you choose each day that really help you with weight loss and becoming healthy. Being smart about the selections you make each day is a start. Looking to get in as much exercise as possible is another. Don't overlook that health isn't only about simply how much you weigh. You need to help to make your body as strong it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let's go back to ray's tamale pie recipe. You can cook ray's tamale pie using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Ray's Tamale Pie:
- Take 1 of pork butt.
- Provide 1/2 of onion.
- Provide 1 of fresh mexican cheese.
- Use of topping and bottom crust.
- You need 2 cup of masa harina.
- Provide 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Use 2 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of corn oil.
- Take 1/2 tsp of achote paste.
- Use of meat sauce.
- Take 2 can of chili colorado sauce"enchillada".
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- Use 1/2 of diced onion.
- Use 1 tsp of oil.
- Get 1/2 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
Instructions to make Ray's Tamale Pie:
- *NOTE*you will be doing a water bath so make sure you have two casserole dishes 1 bigger & 1 smaller..
- start by cooking your pork but on high with 1/2 onion in a pot. put lid on so it will cook faster.Once done shredd and set aside..
- now preheat oven to 400°F..
- for masa add all ingredients together till you get a thick consistency. set aside..
- for sauce add oil to a pan, add garlic,onion & cumin cook about 2 minutes on medium heat, add in sauce & oregano let come to a simmer, add in cook another 10minutes, set aside..
- now add masa to bottom of casserole dish going all the way up sides, top with meat sauce and top that with more masa..
- boil some water add to a bigger casserole dish & place tamale pie into water bath, be careful not to overfill you only want it to reach half way of tamale casserole dish. cover with foil bake 50 minutes.take off foil and bake another 15-20 minutes. top with fresh mexican cheese.
- *I also have a recipe on my page for Red Sauce for Tamales if you want to use that sauce instead. *.
If you find this Ray's Tamale Pie recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.