Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you're looking for Steak with caramelized figs, blue cheese and balsamic recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Steak with caramelized figs, blue cheese and balsamic recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Steak with caramelized figs, blue cheese and balsamic recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Cooking area Can save you Dollars.
Remember when the only individuals who cared about the environment were tree huggers along with hippies? That has totally changed now, since we all apparently have an awareness that the planet is having difficulties, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. Unless everyone begins to start living much more green we won't be able to correct the problems of the environment. Each and every family ought to start creating changes that are environmentally friendly and they should do this soon. Read on for some ways to go green and save energy, generally in the kitchen.
You may prefer preparing food with your oven, but using a microwave instead will cost you a lot less money. When you find out it will require 75% more energy to cook in the oven, chances are you'll look for more ways to use the microwave. In comparison with your stove, you can make boiled water and also steamed vegetables faster, and use a great deal less energy, by using countertop appliances. You could well be forgiven for thinking that an automatic dishwasher uses more energy than washing dishes the old-fashioned manner, but you would be wrong. A dishwasher is particularly effective when it's full before a cycle is started. By cool drying or even air drying the dishes instead of heat drying them, you can increase the amount of money you save.
From the above it ought to be apparent that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are numerous little opportunities for saving energy and money. Green living is actually something we can all do, without difficulty. A lot of it is merely using common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let's go back to steak with caramelized figs, blue cheese and balsamic recipe. You can have steak with caramelized figs, blue cheese and balsamic using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Steak with caramelized figs, blue cheese and balsamic:
- You need 2 of beef steaks (I used bone-in striploin).
- Use 1 of small handful fresh thyme.
- Get 1 of large shallot, chopped.
- Provide 50 g of gorgonzola, thinly sliced or broken into small chunks.
- You need 2 of green figs, quartered.
- You need of Good quality aged balsamic vinegar for drizzling.
Instructions to make Steak with caramelized figs, blue cheese and balsamic:
- Add a splash of olive oil and a pat of butter to a large pan on high heat. Season the steaks well with salt and freshly cracked black pepper, and sear them for 3 to 4 minutes on one side..
- Flip the steaks over and lay the thyme sprigs on top. Add a few more tbsp of butter to the pan and let it melt. Baste the meat and thyme with the melted butter for another 3 to 4 minutes. Throw away the thyme sprigs and remove the meat to a plate. Top with the blue cheese so it can melt as the steaks rest..
- Add the shallot and figs to the pan. Let fry, turning the figs over as needed, until the figs are caramelized and the shallot softened but not burnt. This'll only take a few minutes..
- Arrange the figs and shallot on top of the steaks. Drizzle everything with a few tbsp of balsamic vinegar. Serve hot..
If you find this Steak with caramelized figs, blue cheese and balsamic recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.