Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Flaky, Buttery Homemade Biscuits recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Flaky, Buttery Homemade Biscuits recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Flaky, Buttery Homemade Biscuits recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Guidelines For Living Green And Saving Money Within the Kitchen.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the environment. That has totally changed now, since we all seem to have an awareness that the planet is having difficulties, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. The experts are agreed that we are unable to adjust things for the better without everyone's active participation. Each and every family must start making changes that are environmentally friendly and they should do this soon. The kitchen is a good place to begin saving energy by going a lot more green.
Perhaps the food isn't quite as good when cooked in the microwave, but it will save you money to use it over your oven. Possibly the realization that an oven utilizes 75% more energy will encourage you to use the microwave more. Compared with your stove, you can make boiled water or steamed vegetables faster, and use considerably less energy, by using countertop appliances. You will be forgiven for thinking that an automatic dishwasher uses more energy than washing dishes the old-fashioned way, but you would be wrong. Especially if you make certain the dishwasher is full prior to starting a cycle. Conserve even more money by air drying and also cool drying your dishes rather than heat drying them.
From the above it should be clear that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are lots of little opportunities for saving energy and money. It is reasonably uncomplicated to live green, after all. A lot of it really is simply making use of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let's go back to flaky, buttery homemade biscuits recipe. You can cook flaky, buttery homemade biscuits using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Flaky, Buttery Homemade Biscuits:
- Take 2 scant U.S. cups of flour (255 g or 9 oz).
- Use 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 6 Tbsp of unsalted butter (85 g or 3 oz).
- You need 3/4 U.S. cup of milk (180 ml) - use half cream for extra rich biscuits!.
- Use 1 Tbsp of sugar (optional for a touch of sweetness).
Steps to make Flaky, Buttery Homemade Biscuits:
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt. If using sugar, add it here too..
- Measure out butter and cut into small pieces. Add to the flour in bowl..
- Use fingers to squish butter into the flour, until it forms about pea-size chunks (the chunks are important!)..
- Add milk and lightly mix in until the dough just begins to come together. You want the chunks of butter to stay together for the most part..
- Remove dough from bowl and form into a fat rectangle. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least one hour..
- After chilled, unwrap dough and dust with flour. Roll out to about 3 times the size. If it starts to stick just dust with a little more flour..
- Fold dough in three and roll out again..
- After rolling out the second time, fold in three again, re-wrap with plastic and chill in fridge for another hour..
- Remove from refrigerator and repeat the roll-out, fold, roll-out, fold process. You can now roll them out to cut and bake OR if you want even MORE flaky layers, refrigerate for an additional hour, then roll-fold, roll-fold one last time..
- After your last rolling and folding, you can roll out to cut. Roll dough out so it's 1/2 inch or 12mm thick. Cut into 4-6 squares with a knife, or cut out rounds with the rime of a glass, etc. (I made a little extra so the pictures shows more).
- Have your oven preheated to 400°F/200°C. Bake for 20-30 minutes until tops are golden brown. (Mine only took 20 minutes so keep an eye on them!).
If you find this Flaky, Buttery Homemade Biscuits recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.